Monday, January 21, 2019

Altered Mixed Media Canvas

Happy New Year Everyone

I am Design Team Member Judy McKay and I  welcome to our new challenge blog.  I am excited to be here and to share my first project. My project this month is an Altered Mixed Media Canvas. 

Here is my project.



Here are some of the products I used to create my canvas.


Step 1

I painted my canvas with gesso, then used a stencil of clogs and wheels to create the background.   Once I was satisfied with they background I added my background colors using Paynes Grey and White acrylic paint, distressed inks and script rubber stamp.

Step 2

My next step was to  collage an assortment of old medical prescription forms that I found in a antique store years ago in Arizona several years ago along with other antique papers in my collection.. The photo that I used in this project is from Tim Holtz's Found Relatives Collection. I added Distress Inks and an ink spray to give an antique look to my photo and papers. 

Step 3

To complete the project I added an interesting collection of clogs and gears, tag and other finds. 

I hope you enjoy my project and are inspired to join in this current month,  Anything Goes Challenge.

Prizes from our sponsors
Prizes
International Challenge Winner
(as voted by our DT)
30$ USD value Prize from CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS

National Challenge Winner
(as voted by our DT)
Rs. 1000 value Prize from DIE CUTS AND MORE


3 DT Favourites
(as voted by our DT in no particular order)
One DT favourite will receive a goodie bag worth Rs.500 from LETZCRAFT STORE and will be our Guest Designer the following month. 



1 Random Winner
(chosen by Random.org)

One Random winner from Indian Participants will get Rs.500 gift voucher





Play along with us and have great fun


1 comment:

  1. Nice layout with antique paper collections you used,love the concept...

    Hugs
    Rituparna

    ReplyDelete

In accordance with the new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) do understand that by commenting your comment, name and other details such as website link will be visible to all who visit this blog