Sunday, January 26, 2020

Special Guest Designer - January

Hello everyone,

Today we share inspiration from our special Guest Designer for January.

In one word i can say she is a all rounder and good friend of mine.




Over to her

Hello crafty friends,

I am Daksha Popat from Kolkata ..married for 28 years and mother of two lovely kids. I am a versatile crafter.I love challenges and try to improve myself . I don't like to stick to
one form of art.. Came to world of blogging from last 12/13years and still learning and innovating. Love card making(Specially 3D and different fancy folds), stamping and distressing techniques , scrapbooking, mixed media ,Decoupage , 3D projects , Altered art ,gelli art etc... . Crafting is a passion for me and love challenging my creative limits constantly...
also doing all forms of paintings like Tanjore ,vrindavani, pitchwai, minakari, parchment , punchcraft,clay murals, candle making .etc..and taking classes on that from last
27/28 years.


Here is my inspiration to you all on the current moodboard
I must tell you I really love the moodboard colour theme..so shabby chic..I tried to use same colour theme in my project hope you all like it.so here is my 
Altered Violin mixed media project


This project I made keeping someone in my mind and hope she will like it..so let's talk about my Altered violin mixed media project.
I have used violin MDF base from my stash for my mixed media project.



#1- first I have covered the MDF base with Little Birdie paper from 'Amor mio' paper pack using gel medium.( At this point I have something different in my mind 😊).
#2-then gave a coat of clear gesso..after that I did string part using cord n chipboard pieces.. once everything stuck properly I gave a coat of white gesso on background n on string part also...did stencil work and white crackle paste in few random places...

 Then took one MDF clock dial & on that I did embossing with white enamel and pink glitter embossing powder... in the middle I have stuck a vintage lady picture with gel medium...used few MDF gears in few places..oh yes I have used one small piece of lace at the base of MDF clock dial..to give more shabby chic look...for colors I have used Lindy's magicals....did some script stamping with brown archival ink on top n bottom parts.



After Coloring with Lindy's magicals I have decorated the whole project with flowers, pearls,clay & metal emblishments

Hope you have enjoyed as much as I have making this project.. thank you for stopping by....
Love n Hugs

Daksha Popat

2 comments:

In accordance with the new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) do understand that by commenting your comment, name and other details such as website link will be visible to all who visit this blog