Monday, February 4, 2019

LOVE - a mixed media layout!!

Hello dearies,
Hope all doing well and soaring high with crafting!
Today, I am in front of you with my inspirational post for the current challenge - Love theme on Splashy Mix Challenges group.
Here are few glimpses of my creation:


Guys do participate in the monthly challenge to win lots of amazing prizes by our dignified sponspors.
Prizes

INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE WINNER
(as voted by our DT)

$30 USD value prize from CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS


NATIONAL CHALLENGE WINNER
(as voted by our DT)

Rs. 1000 Value prize from Die Cuts and More




3 DT Favourites
(as voted by our DT, in no particular order)

One DT favourite will receive Goodie bag fromLetzcraft Store and will be our Guest Designer the following month 



1 Random Winner
(chosen by Random.org)

One Random winner from Indian Participants will get a goodie bag from Creative Minds

 So, back to the post, here I created a layout that can be personalized easily.
Now, it's time to get started with steps how Icreated this beautiful layout. So, let's get started with pictorial tutorial how I made this LOVE layout..
  • At the very first I took cardboard of 12"X12" measurement and then pasted pattern paper of my choice over it. After drying I coated it with thin layer of white gesso. Then I added layered papers to fit my picture of related theme or you can also add your personal photo. 


  • Then move on, I added textures near to my photo mat with the help of stencils and texture paste. But before that, I marked boundary to photo mat so that I can add more texture near to that.. It will be perfectly get clear from pics below:





  • After adding textures, let it completely dry. Then, move on next to play with colors. For covering maximum part, I preferred chalk paints and then to give it shine, I highlighted it with metallic paints. Also sprayed sprinkle mist to give it vibrant hue. The entire process goes on still I didn't get completely satisfied.

  • Move on to next step, I started assembling embellishments like flowers, wooden chipboards, paper die cuts, clear drops and many more. But I chose almost all embellishments in pink color to give the layout a classy look and as per theme of LOVE!!

  • After assembling all the embellishments, I added some sentiments according to the theme and then sprinkled black small dots with sprinkle mist for final touch up!!


Hope I inspired you by this post and do take part in current ongoing challenge on Splashy Mix Challenges..
Thanks for stopping by 
Hugs 
Sudha

1 comment:

In accordance with the new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) do understand that by commenting your comment, name and other details such as website link will be visible to all who visit this blog