Sunday, January 5, 2020

Altered Iron

Hello crafty Friends,
I am Apoorva,  Today I am gonna share with you what I created using colours and elements form this months mood board.

For this project, I chose to alter an old Iron, which was lying around my house for several years without being even touched. On looking this months mood board it suddenly struck in my mind that iron is the perfect fit for this mood board. And I am extremely happy with the results.

I started with sanding the iron and adding a coat of white gesso. I then colored it with light pink chalk paint.

I used one of my favorite photos of my mom in her teens as a focal point. Which I thought would be perfect for the project because of its vintage look.

Then I started embellishing it with lots of laces, trims, some burlap, fabric and acrylic flowers. Also added some feathers along with pearls and beads. Lastly, I added a chipboard bicycle to complete the project.






*****************************************************************************
Nakshathra Designz is the sponsor for our random prize 

Nakshathra Designz

Nakshathra Designz is one of the leading scrapbook paper manufacturer in India founded by Atchaya in 2016. They are involved in other paper crafting supplies and graphic designing too.

Facebook  - https://www.facebook.com/nakshathradesignz/


Click on the SPONSORS tab above to know them in detail.

Like their pages and follow them for additional points


*****************************************************************************

 Hope my project inspired you. If yes, come and play along with as at splashy mix challenge.


https://www.facebook.com/groups/splashymixchallenges/


4 comments:

In accordance with the new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) do understand that by commenting your comment, name and other details such as website link will be visible to all who visit this blog