Friday, January 17, 2020

Beautiful Memories - Vintage Altered Jewellery Box

Hello Crafty Friends!
Chaitali here, I am so delighted to be part of Splashymix Challenge 2020 Design Team. Here's my take on January 2020 moodboard.
It's such an elegant and charming moodboard. I got inspired by the fabulous soft tones, flowers n the glittery gold from the moodboard. This moodboard was perfect for me to create a Vintage Art. I selected to alter a wooden jewellery box....a box preserving many old beautiful memories!
I started by applying a layer of clear gesso on the wooden box and then used the lovely Prima Paper Pad "Love Story" to decorate the box from outside as well as inside the drawers and did some stenciling on it. I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Victorian Velvet" to give the vintage feel. Also, colored the edges with Finnabair Art Alchemy Sparks "Butterfly Spells".


Further, I opened the top lid and decorated the inside with pretty laces from Littlebirdiecrafts and Hobby Lobby. Enhanced with some fabric flowers and leaf lace colored with Finnabair Art Alchemy Sparks "Dragon's Eye". Also, decorated the lower drawer with lace, similar florals, and vintage embellishments.


Later, I created the main assemblage on top of the box with the Vintage girl photo as the focal point. Used different fabrics like jute, lace, paper cutwork, chipboards, metal embellishments; the key and the heart. Beautified with lots of pretty flowers from Littlebirdiecrafts and Michealscraftstore, laces, chipboards, beads, thread, wires and paper butterflies.


Lastly, added the words Beautiful Memories to give meaning to the creation. Always love adding words n quotes to all my artwork... as for me, they tell a story!





I hope you like my creation, and it inspires you to participate in this lovely challenge. Stay tuned for more inspirations by our DT Members. 





Waiting to see your beautiful creations! Stay Blessed! Love Chaitali



1 comment:

In accordance with the new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) do understand that by commenting your comment, name and other details such as website link will be visible to all who visit this blog