Thursday, January 16, 2020

Scooter Ride : Altered Desk Calendar

Namaste Everyone!

 I am Aditi  from Pune , India. I am so happy  to be a part of the 2020 DT here at Splashy Mix! 

 This is our lovely shabby chic mood board for this January month.  



 I had an old desk calendar of 2019 which I thought to up cycle and today I am going to share with you my altered desk calendar. Hope you'll like it.

I got attracted towards the scooter pic in the moodboard and hence my central theme is scooter.




 I opened the spiral binding of the desk Calendar and started working on the page.

I applied gesso all over the page. I had to do 2 coats as to hide the image.  Then I stenciled the motifs  and again applied a layer of gesso.
 I  had scooter decoupage napkin in my stash. To make it our prime focus I used an old CD. I covered the old CD with gesso  and decoupaged it the scooter napkin.







I used Lindy's spray, vellum flowers, handmade flowers, Mini stones, cheesecloth , scraps of paper etc to embellish.


 Once the page was ready, I put the spiral binding back.
(My daughter started playing with the spiral ring and stretched it :(. Hence you can see the shabby look of the spiral. )




I hope you'll join us for our current challenge at-  
 *****************************************************************************
Prizes

- We will award two people: 
1. One topmost Winner - Will be chosen by our DTs.
2.  Random prize - we will draw from among all the works.
3. Top 5 projects will be chosen by DTs


*****************************************************************************

Sponsors

One winner will receive Rs.1000 worth goodie bag from our Super sponsor - The Craft shop


 The Craft Shop (Color Conceptions) was started  in early 2011 by Ms Priya Sivaraj.


*****************************************************************************
Nakshathra Designz is the sponsor for our random prize 

Nakshathra Designz

Nakshathra Designz is one of the leading scrapbook paper manufacturer in India founded by Atchaya in 2016.They are involved in other paper crafting supplies and graphic designing too.

Facebook  - https://www.facebook.com/nakshathradesignz/


Click on the SPONSORS tab above to know them in detail.

Like their pages and follow them for additional points.

**********************************************************************

We can't wait to see your interpretation of the mood board!

Hurry Up! The challenge lasts until 31/01/2020.

We're looking forward to your projects. Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

In accordance with the new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) do understand that by commenting your comment, name and other details such as website link will be visible to all who visit this blog