Monday, January 14, 2019

Guest Designer - Nuneka

Hi everyone! 

Welcome to our first Guest Designer post.

We are happy to have the Nuneka as our first Guest Designer. She has a very beautiful project to share with you today! She is well known for her easy tutorials, lovely layouts, and gorgeous mixed media art! Over to her


Hi there!
My name is Nuneka, I’m from Spain and I am a nature photographer.I started crafting long time ago, making my own junk journals cause I wanted to keep my photos and memories from my trips. In my searching of new materials and techniques to make those journals, I discovered mixed media and that changed me forever.

I always like to tell a story when I make any mixed media project. It can be something personal, or just something I was inspired by, like in this case. I fell in love with a beautiful photo of Mont Saint-Michel and I created everything else to surround and accompany the image. 


I wanted a dreamy background cause the image looks like a fairy tale, so I used soft colours that were already present in the photo. I added some cute stamping in gold ink and crackle paste matching with the vintage paper I used.


Using the rule of 3 you can’t go wrong. So the dominant color in my layout is blue, then PINK in the photo, in the background colouring and in the flowers – GOLD in the background stamping, in the centre of some flowers and in the crystal glitter – and WHITE in the art stones, in the dies and in the embossed chipboards.


It’s also important to keep the balance. You can add as many things as you want, but you must keep clear your focal point, nothing must be more important. So adding little details (as in this case the mini pebbles) in the same tones you are already using, will help you embellish your project without stealing importance to the main subject. Also you can use a small sentiment to reinforce it. 


Thank you to Shylaa Shree and Splashy Mix Challenges team for inviting me. 
Love,
Nuneka

Thank you nuneka for making a beautiful layout for us.

Watch the step by step tutorial of the above layout below.

Join our monthly challenge and win exciting prizes from our sponsors

14 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Thank you Nuneka for being our guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Nuneka.loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....Lovely tutorial,thanks Nuneka being our Guest Designer

    Hugs
    Rituparna

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are happy to see here as our guest designer.Fabulous dreamy background. Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!, love this!!😍😍😍, thank you very much for The tutorial!!😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woowwww..Such a beauty...enjoyed the tutorial so much...
    Thanks so much Nuneka for inspiring all of us..

    Hugs
    Dr Monika Shukla
    UrooCreations

    ReplyDelete

In accordance with the new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) do understand that by commenting your comment, name and other details such as website link will be visible to all who visit this blog