Monday, May 6, 2019

Rustic Altered Clock

Hi Judy here, with my inspirational project for May's rustic challenge.

Create any mixed media project incorporating inspiration from the below Moodboard


I was inspired by this rustic look and decided to create a reversed canvas on a wooden frame and use parts of an old wind up clock along with other findings from my boxes of treasures. 

This is my old clock I found at a thrift store. 


This is my completed creation.


To create my project I turned my wooden frame backwards and painted it copper brown. stamped with surface with a set of rubber stamps that were time related. Once I had the frame painted I added Patine blue antiquing solution. 

 To create the layers in my frame I used several plastic lids out of my recycling box.  I added the inside of the clock and some of the other clock piece to the design. When you move the project the clock still sometimes starts ticking. 

I added many other pieces to the frame such as a couple of butterflies, clock front from Graphic Fairy, sentiment, metals, image from Tim Holtz and other findings.

Here are some closer looks:






Hope you will join our challenge this month. 

Remember

- Your work must be new, not previously published anywhere
- You can create any mixed media project corresponding to the moodboard and the colors presented in the moodboard are also accepted.
- You can enter upto 3 entries.
- The post should contain a banner, a link to our challenge and the name of the blog.
- Last date to submit your works 28th May until 23:55 !

Prizes

INTERNATIONAL CHALLENGE WINNER
(as voted by our DT)

$30 USD value prize from CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS

NATIONAL CHALLENGE WINNER
(as voted by our DT)

Rs. 500 Value prize from Die Cuts and More



3 DT Favourites
(as voted by our DT, in no particular order)

One DT favourite will receive Goodie bag from Letzcraft Store and will be our Guest Designer the following month 



1 Random Winner
(chosen by Random.org)

One Random winner from Indian Participants will get a goodie bag worth Rs.500 from Creative Minds


We are grateful to all our generous sponsors for Supporting our brand new challenge

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text



No comments:

Post a Comment

In accordance with the new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) do understand that by commenting your comment, name and other details such as website link will be visible to all who visit this blog